You can hire a contractor and a designer, or you can hire a design build professional who can provide you with experience in both areas of expertise.
A contractor will hire a plumber and an electrician and make sure permits are filed and floors are level. A designer will help you decide on the color of your countertops or whether built-in bookcases make sense in your family room.
But a design build professional is involved with your project from concept to completion and will do all of this:
1. Take the time to get to know you and understand your lifestyle, goals and the vision you have for your remodel.
2. Be the single point of contact and fully responsible for all aspects of your project.
3. Help you to understand the risks and rewards of remodeling, particularly in an older home, so your expectations – and your budget – are managed realistically.
4. Research competitive pricing for high-quality work.
5. Guide you to quality material and fixture designers and help you to work with them to refine your ideas and investment levels.
6. Work early on and closely with your architect to make sure everything is in sync.
7. Coordinate turnaround and install times with all vendors so everything happens when and as it should.
8. Manage contracts with subcontractors so you don’t have to.
9. Ensure all the meticulous details are handled effortlessly.
10. Offer you peace of mind that your remodel project will be the beautifully finished space you envisioned.
Contact M Design Build to discuss your remodel project.